Indian auto manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra has said that the company was working as per its original plans to enter the US market, despite facing the lawsuit filed by its American dealer, Global Vehicles. The actual launch date of the pick-up truck would depend on the result of the ongoing litigation.
“We are going as per (our) original plan for the launch of the pick-up truck in the US, but can’t say on the actual time of launch, as it will depend on the outcome of the litigation,” Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) President (Automotive and Farm Equipment) Pawan Goenka said.
Last month, Global Vehicles filed a lawsuit against M&M before an Atlanta court, and alleged the Indian car maker of causing inordinate delay in the launch of the pick-up truck. The American dealer has claimed that it has made an overall investment of USD 103.5 million (about Rs 480 crore) along with franchisees for the launch of the vehicle.
The domestic auto major had subsequently filed a dismiss suit motion in a US court, countering the lawsuit by asserting that GV's claims were without merit. M&M has said that it is working towards meeting all US homologation needs and intends to submit its final application as soon as possible.
M&M has filed a dismiss suit motion in a US court and countered the lawsuit by saying that GV’s claims were without any merit.
M&M and Global Vehicles had entered into an agreement on September 28, 2006, according to which the latter became the sole distributor of the Indian company’s motor vehicles in the US.