The much talked about entry level model of the Mahindra XUV500 has been launched and it is called as the W4. The pricing at Rs 10.95 lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi) makes it great value compared to other SUV's out there. Here are the main points regarding the Mahindra XUV500 W4 listed.
Mahindra XUV500 W4 in detail
1. Powered by the mHawk 140 bhp engine
2. 6-speed transmission
3. 15.1 kms per litre efficiency (ARAI-certified)
4. XUV500 has now 4 variants with FWD W4
5. Gets features like projector headlamps with LEDs, Dual Airbags, ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), side impact beams, crash protection with crumple zones, all wheel disc brakes, Twin HVAC, power & tilt steering, power adjustable ORVMs, remote central locking.
6. Music system with CD/MP3 & with 4 Speakers
7. 6-way adjustable Driver seats and Micro Hybrid system.
Speaking on the launch of the W4 model of the XUV500, Dr Pawan Goenka, Executive Director & President, Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "The XUV500 has resonated very well with our customers since its launch and has since become a trendsetter within the Indian automotive industry. With over 74,000 vehicles on the road within two years of launch, the XUV500 is one of our most successful launches. As a customer centric organisation, we have incorporated customer feedback at every step and evolved and today's W4 model launch bears testimony to the same".
This makes the XUV500 compete with SUVs like Nissan Terrano, Renault Duster and even the Ford EcoSport head-on. The XUV500 W4 for an entry level model is pretty well loaded and you cannot accuse it of being sparse. There are some features cut from the W6 variant but the price makes it worth it.