At Excon 2013 today, Tata Motors displayed six new high powered construction vehicles from their ConsTruck range of commercial vehicles. Three of the vehicles showcased were from Tata’s Prima LX range which are driven by powerful yet fuel efficient engines.
These trucks are designed to give a compromise between fuel economy and power, catering mostly to the construction and mining industries. From the Prima LX range, the models are –
• Tata Prima LX 2523.K – for construction and mining applications
• Tata Prima LX 3123.K – for construction applications, along with surface transport
• Tata Prima LX 2528.K – for heavy duty construction and mining applications
These tippers weigh between 25 and 31 tons and are equipped with engines producing between 230 hp and 280 hp of power.
From the Tata ConsTruck range, the models are –
• Tata Prima 3138.K – a vehicle with the power designed for use in mining applications
• Tata LPK 3118 8X2 haulage tipper – designed for long haul transport, along with a sleeper cab
• Tata LPK 3723 10x4 – a 10 cum ready mix concrete (RMC) vehicle
These trucks are designed to deliver the highest mileage, highest resale value and warranty while simultaneously giving the lowest total cost of ownership.