Finally all the details of the new Mercedes C-Class have been revealed officially. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class along with the E-Class is a very important car for Mercedes as it is one of its main cash cows. There have been teasers/spy pics/enough leaked images to let you know how does it look and it indeed looks great.
"Mercedes at its best - that's the new C-Class, which sets new standards for the mid-range segment on many fronts," says Prof. Dr Thomas Weber, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG responsible for Group Research and Mercedes-Benz Cars Development. "It is characterised by an emotional yet clear design which is continued in the high-quality and modern interior. Its efficient and high-performance engineering provides the basis for a high standard of driving enjoyment."
We tell what you need to know about the new C-Class in easily digestible chunks of information
1. The C-Class is the biggest-selling model series from Mercedes-Benz. Sales of the preceding model, which was launched in 2007, total over 2.4 million.
2. The new C-Class is bigger with an 80-millimetre increase in the wheelbase (2840 millimetres) compared with the previous model, the new C-Class is also 95 millimetres longer (4686 millimetres) and 40 millimetres wider (1810 millimetres).
3. Features new look Mercedes design language while borrowing design cues from the S-Class to the upcoming Mercedes CLA. There are two grille choices with centrally positioned star and one positioned on the bonnet for the EXCLUSIVE line.
4. The new C-Class comes with H7 halogen headlamps as standard. The rear lamp and brake light in the tail lights feature LED technology in all headlamp versions.
5. It is more spacious with greater rear legroom now which is important and the boot capacity is at 480 litres.
6. The interior is more sporty and looks stunning complete with the latest Mercedes design style including those funky air vents. Quality, over ambience has gone up several notches.
7. There is a 7 inch screen in the centre console or 8.4 inches with the COMMAND online.
8. There is a touchpad in the handrest over the Controller on the centre tunnel which also permits letters, numbers and special characters to be entered in handwriting – in any language.
9. Three different design and equipment lines for the exterior and interior with AVANTGARDE, EXCLUSIVE and AMG.
10. Three engine options available worldwide for now C 220 BlueTEC diesel and the two petrol models, C 180 and C 200. There is a 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission.