We are at the launch of the all new Mercedes-Benz S-Class and within a few moments we will get to know the pricing of the car. The S-Class is a car that defines not just Mercedes but the auto industry as a whole showing the various technological innovations and mant features that in the future will land up in every day cars. As reported earlier the new S-Class will only come with one variant and one engine option for now with the diesel coming in later this year (June).
The new S-Class will be available in S500 variant featuring a V8 biturbo petrol engine making 455 bhp. Being a direct import it is loaded with all sorts of luxuries and tech plus only coming in the long wheelbase version- as you would expect from a new S-Class. To list all the features would mean us running out of space but the new S-Class for example it is the first ever car without a single light bulb having more than 500 LEDs.
The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class has the 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission. Dripping in luxury and tech the new S-Class seems fitting to get the title of 'best car in the world'. The interior is extremely luxurious with the ambience now reaching Bentley, Rolls-Royce levels and the attention to detail is just fantastic. There is tons of space to really lounge at the back.
Updates from Launch:
Mercedes-Benz S500 price (ex-showroom) - Rs. 1.57 crores
1. Sold out first allocation of 125 cars, bookings now open for April 2014 delivery.
2. Features 24 speaker Burmester surround sound system
3. Rear cabin features folding tables, individual entertainment systems, 12v power sockets, USB Aux-in and wireless hot spot.
4. Smartphone app for Android. Control features such as massage function, seat heating and multimedia
5. 7 colour ambient light
6. New S-Class customers will have their chauffeurs trained to handle features of the car.
7. New S-Class features AIRMATIC suspension
8. 360 degree surround view camera with Night view assist improves visibility.
9. Features Active Park Assist which automatically steers vehicles into parking spaces
10. ESP with 8 airbags plus brake assist
11. Features Chauffeur package with 77 mm more rear legroom