You saw it in concept form earlier and here are the full details of this new BMW. This is not just another usual product but an entry into the premium compact space and will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz B-Class. Take a look at the details
1. Dimensions- 4,342 millimetres long, 1,800 millimetres wide and 1,555 millimetres in height, means its compact but spacious. The design is pure BMW with the kidney grille but from the side has compact MPV proportions.
2. New BMW 2 Series Active Tourer is front-wheel drive, which means that enthusiasts might not like it but this is not a sportscar and with this lay-out it has more space.
3. With a wheelbase of 2,670 millimetres it has boot which can be expanded from 468 to 1,510 litres and the 40:20:40 split-folding rear backrest fitted as standard.
4. Choice of three and four-cylinder units with a new three-cylinder petrol.
5. Besides standard trim there is Sport Line and Luxury Line with M Sport package coming soon.
6. Features BMW ConnectedDrive which includes Traffic Jam Assistant or the camera-based cruise control system with Stop & Go function, which both work using a mono camera. You also have a heads-up display.