The new Volkswagen Passat has been revealed and this time Volkswagen has upped the ante with its new sedan. The new Passat is sleeker and more luxurious than its predecessor. We tell you what you need to know about this luxury sedan.
1. New Passat has modular transverse matrix (MQB) platform
2.—— Passat sedan is 4,767 mm long and thus 2 mm shorter than the previous model. The wheelbase was lengthened by the aforementioned 79 mm to 2,791 mm. The front wheels were shifted 29 mm towards the front bumper, and the rear wheels 17 mm towards the rear bumper. What this means is that shorter body overhangs (67 mm less at front, 13 mm less at rear). The Passat is 14 mm lower (1,456 mm) and 12 mm wider (1,832 mm).
3. The new Passat gets a new front-end with the grille having four chrome bars with the lower part of the chrome grille merging into the headlamps.
4. New Passat has halogen and LED headlights (offered in two versions)
5. Rear styling closer in-sync to the bigger Phaeton
6. More luxurious interior and more space. Interior length has grown by 33 mm and boot capacity increased to to 586 litres
7. Has features like Active Info Display and a Head-Up display, new Rear Seat Entertainment system for table computers and more. The 6.5 inch screen has higher-res display.
8. The new Passat will be available with a 2.0 diesel engine with a 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
9. Coming to India on October 10. Will compete with Skoda Superb and Toyota Camry.