1. Tata Zest is based on the Vista platform but with bigger dimensions and sharp designing. Zest is 3995m long, 1570mm high and 1705mm wide which gives it balanced look from all angles. The front end features stylish projector headlights which gives it an aggressive face combined with round shaped fog lights surrounded by day time running LEDs .
The boot treatment also looks well integrated thanks to the wrap around design of its LED tail lights which makes Zest look quite distinctive.
2. The tall stance surely adds to the presence of the Zest and makes it capable enough to jump over big potholes and speed breakers. It will run on 15inches wheels and has a wheelbase of 2470mm.
3. Zest has a ground clearance of 165mm which adds to the dynamic presence of this car and covers up well for the pronounced hinged boot of Zest.
4. Zest will be available with dual tone Java Black and Latte colored interiors. The fit and finish inside is best ever on any Tata car till date. The chrome garnishing on its newly appointed air vents, inside door handles and gear knob further makes it look premium. The instrument cluster also looks sporty with clearly visible dials.
5. Tata is always known for giving incredible amount space inside their cars and Zest will be no different. With 1705mm of width, Zest will probably be the widest car in its class which makes sure that there is enough shoulder room for everyone in this car. The seats are well supported and offers great comfort for all passengers. There is good amount of legroom for all three rear passengers with optimum thigh support thanks to the reclined rear seats.
6. Tata has joined hands with Harman to develop a Connect Next infotainment system for Zest. This touchscreen audio system features Aux-in, USB compatibility, navigation system, SD card reader and Bluetooth connectivity with steering mounted audio and phone controls. This system also features voice command system and comes with as many as class leading 8-speakers.
7. Zest will be equipped with safety features such as ABS with EBD, parking sensors and Dual front airbags. Apart from these, Zest will also have speed sensing door lock and Corner Stability control which will enhance its cornering abilities and make it a safe car around corners.
8. Tata will incorporate Zest with two engines; one each of petrol and diesel. The much hyped and Tata's first 1.2L Turbocharged Revotron petrol engine will debut in Zest which has a power output of 89 bhp @ 4000rpm and produces a torque output of 140Nm.
The USP of this engine is that 112NM of torque is straight away available at 1000rpm after which the car uses rest of the torque output differently with the help of three different riding modes. This engine is mated with a five-speed manual gearbox.
9. Zest will also be powered by the 89bhp 1.3L Mutijet diesel engine will be available with VGT with a torque output of 200Nm which ranges between 1750-3000rpm. The utmost power comes @4000rpm with a strong mid range. This engine will be mated with Tata’s first ever five-speed AMT gearbox. This is the same technology which has made Maruti Celerio a superstar in our market. Zest will be nation’s only sedan to be equipped with this tech.
10. Expect Tata to price this car competitively in our market keeping Amaze as the biggest competitor in mind. It's a well designed, spacious and powerful car which now just needs a right price tag to take off in our market. Looks like Amaze, Xcent and Dzire are soon going to find enough reasons to scratch their heads.