Maruti Baleno is a rising star which is continuously climbing the success ladder in our market. To continue this market lead, Maruti is now all set to launch the RS version of it next year which is basically a more powerful version of this car which will establish Maruti in the segment of performance hatches in India. The car will be launched early next year and below are the top 5 things that you should know about this car.
1. The new Baleno RS is all set to get an updated suspension system which will be more useful for its new powerful petrol engine. The Baleno RS will get revised suspension set-up which will be firmer than the current set-up for sporty ride and handling.
2. As you know Baleno RS will come equipped with the 3-cylinder Boosterjet engine which will also be used in future Marutis. It will be a 1.0L Turbocharged petrol engine which will have a power output of around 110bhp. The power output may not match, say an Abarth on paper, but do remember the Baleno is very light and it will help it to get the best in class power to weight ratio which should result in fantastic performance.
3. The best thing about the Baleno RS will be its 5-speed manual gearbox- unlike the Polo GT TSI which only gets an auto. Also Maruti might just only offer it in manual only as it will aimed at enthusiasts and a manual gearbox is central to that plus an automatic would increase the price too much.
4. The Baleno RS will be similar to the concept version shown at the Auto Expo 2016. The production version will retain all the sporty characteristics of the concept version which includes an all new front grille, sporty bumper extension kit at both ends, rear spoiler and new design for its alloy wheels. These all sporty features will clearly distinguish the Baleno RS from the standard version.
5. The Baleno RS will come in the top of the line trim only which means it will get all premium safety and comfort features which includes touchscreen navigation and infotainment system, Dual front airbags, ABS wit EBD, auto climate control etc. The Baleno RS will be priced around Rs 1 lakh more than the top-end manual 1.2 petrol. At this price, the Baleno RS is set to become the most expensive hatchback of Maruti ever launched in India but still competitively priced when compared to its rivals..
Also read- Maruti Ignis First Look