1. The CLA-Class is based on the A-Class hatchback and belongs to the New Generation Cars (NGC) portfolio of Mercedes-Benz. The car was launched in India for the first time in January 2015.
2. A new, facelifted version of the CLA was launched in the Indian market yesterday. Customers have the option of choosing one of three different variants of the car (two diesel and one petrol).
3. The CLA 200d Style costs INR 31.40 lakhs while the CLA 200d Sport costs INR 34.68 lakhs. The CLA 200 petrol Sport is priced at INR 33.68 lakhs (all prices are ex-showroom, Mumbai figures).
4. The diesel engine is a 2.1 litre, 4 cylinder, turbocharged motor that delivers 134 bhp while the petrol motor is a 2.0 litre, 4 cylinder unit that puts out 181 bhp. Both engines have an identical torque figure of 300 Nm.
5. The transmission option remains the same as before as well, and both petrol and diesel variants come with a 7 speed, double clutch automatic gearbox. The diesel CLA accelerates from 0-100 kph in 9 seconds while the petrol version does it in 7.1 seconds.
6. The new CLA can be differentiated from the outgoing model by its striking new LED headlights clusters, new LED tail lamps and a remodelled front bumper. The LED high performance headlights are brighter than the older bi-xenon lights as well.
7. The CLA Road & Track Edition is a sportier version of the standard car thanks to carbon fibre trims on the inside, exterior body decals with a prominent number 1 displayed on the sides, and carbon fibre wing mirrors and rear spoiler, amongst others.
8. Apart from the list of standard exterior paint colours that were already available, Mercedes-Benz has included a new one to the list called Cavansite Blue which is a deep, rich shade of blue.
9. The car gets a new 8 inch infotainment system, a navigation module, support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth connectivity, 17 inch alloy rims, voice recognition, dynamic select with 4 modes (Eco, Comfort, Sport and Individual) and more.
10. The list of safety features in this car is quite extensive as well, including attention assist, tyre pressure monitoring, 6 airbags, a rear view camera, ABS with EBD, electronic stability program (ESP). As a result, Euro NCAP has awarded the CLA a 5 star safety rating.