This year Tata has displayed its upcoming range of vehicles at the Geneva Motor Show 2017 and it seems like their Racemo, their first sports car is the centre of attraction. What all you should know about this new sports car is what this article is all about as we list top 10 things about Racemo.
1. The new car is conceptualized from TaMo which happens to be the sub- brand of Tata which will focus in the areas of designing, technologies, business model and partnerships for the upcoming passenger vehicles of Tata.
2. The Racemo is two seater sports car which has futuristic styling elements thank to the designing of this car from the Italy based Tata Motor Studio in Turin. The car has sharp and aggressive styling giving it a distinctive presence with Tatas impact design language. The car has usage of light elements for improved aerodynamics and also premium styling elements which includes Bi-LED headlamps, diamond day light opening light weight alloy wheels etc.
3. The Racemo is not a big car in terms of body dimension as it stands at 3835mm in length, 1810mm in width and 1208mm in height respectively.
4. The Racemo has a short wheelbase of 2430mm due to its compact size and it has a ground clearance of 165mm which is not that bad keeping our road conditions in mind and there are chances that the production version may slightly vary in final specification.
5. The Racemo will be powered by a 1.2L, 3-cylinder turbocharged version of Revotron engine which will be capable of producing a peak power of 190bhp@6500rpm while the maximum torque output is of 210Nm which will be available as early as 2500rpm. The Racemo will debut with a 6-speed Automated Manual Transmission instead of conventional auto gearbox. The gearbox will come with paddle shifter for the sporty feel while it will also have push button reverse and electric parking brake.
6. The Racemo will have all the premium features to make sure it meets the luxury expectation of its buyers while the details are not out yet, it is confirmed that it will have connected car technologies thanks to Tatas venture with Microsoft. This will surely have next gen navigation system, predictive maintenance with three screens in the instrument console for clear understanding of information and features. Other features will include advanced infotainment system, interiors with high quality material which will bring the luxury quotient to this car.
7. The Racemo will be sportscar which will focus on sporty ride and handling. To make sure it does so, the car will be equipped with different size of wheels at both ends. Since the car will have rear mounted centre engine so the company has accordingly chosen the tyre sizes. The front end will run on 205/70 section tyres with-17 inch wheels while the rear end will get bigger 18-inch alloy wheels fitted with wider 235/45 section of tyres.
8. To make sure, the Racemo does not disappoint its buyers expecting sporty ride and handling, the car will come standard with double wishbone suspension system all around. This is expected to result in good driving experience since the car is based on a new and lightweight MOflex structure with good stiff structure.
9. The sports car will also have disc brakes all around along with standard with ABS with EBD and Brake Assist for precise braking all time at all speed. The car will further come standard with dual front airbags and exterior body shell with crash safety protection meeting the new safety standards in India.
10. The car is expected to go on sale next year and keeping the high level of localization in mind, we can expect a price tag of around INR 25 lakhs which will give India its first localized, high tech and advanced sports car which surely could be a big problem for other premium car manufacturers.
By - Sunil Kumar
Also read- Tata Tigor launch date details