1. The Compass is the most awaited SUV and you wil be able to buy it from August onwards with production starting from June. Other than our market the Compass will be exported to RHD markets like UK, Australia etc
2. At 4,398mm length the Compass is bigger than something like a Creta and has considerable presence. Based on FCAs new small-wide 4x4 Renegade architecture with a 2.4-inch longer wheelbase. It is a C-SUV segment product.
3. Design is lifted from the Cherokee- bigger brother to the Compass with the iconic seven slot grille, trademark sharp headlamps (with LEDs) and a sleeker roofline. The Compass is not a crossover in shape as you can see with the trapezoidal wheel arches. It will have 17 inch wheels.
4. Insides are rugged but luxurious and India spec cars will have three interior colour options along with perforated leather, contrast stitching. The Compass is a 5-seater and is reasonably spacious for its size.
5. The Jeep Compass will offer the Electric Parking Brake (EPB) across the range. The EPB comes in four modes. The Jeep Compass will be the only SUV in this size and classification that will offer this.
6. Along with that there is a 7 inch touchscreen with all features you would expect (Apple Car Play, Android Auto, nav etc).
7. There are 50+ safety and security features like Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Dynamic Steering Torque (DST), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Adaptive Brake Lights, Panic Brake Assist. The Compass will also be equipped with six airbags with dual stage passenger airbags.
8. There are two engine options- 160+ HP, 250 Nm Multi-air petrol and the 170+ HP, 350 Nm, diesel.
9. The SUV will also come with options of the 6-speed manual transmission and the 7-speed Dual Dry Clutch Technology Automatic or DDCT. Both these engines will be scalable to BS VI regulatory requirements in India.
10. The Jeep Compass will come with the Jeep brands famous four-wheel drive capability called as Jeep Active Drive, which is equipped with Selec Terrain Traction Management System. There is also Frequency Selective Damping (FSD). This technology provide variable damping that adjusts to road undulations.