Hyundai is all set to launch the new Verna by the 22nd of this month. Here are 10 things to know.
1. This is the 5th generation model and the new Verna is based on a new platform. It has got 50% High Strength Steel to improve NVH, ride and handling and safety.
2. The new Hyundai Verna is longer, wider and has a longer wheelbase than the earlier Verna. There is more headroom and legroom too and there is more boot space.
3. The new Verna is packed to the gills with many features like 7.0 inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, cooled seats, rear ac vents, electric sunroof, climate control, steering controls, cruise control, rear parking sensors with display, 6 airbags etc
4. There will be only 1.6 petrol and diesel engines. The petrol develops 121 bhp and the diesel 126 bhp. A big highlight is that both engines get the 6-speed manual and automatic (torque converter). The diesel delivers 24.75 kmpl in manual form and 21.02 kmpl in auto form. The petrol gives 17.70 kmpl in manual and 15.92 kmpl in auto form.
5. The new Verna will be launched with five trims and seven colour options and we expect aggressive pricing. We have had a short drive and the highlights was the superb refinement of the diesel, the smoothness of the 6-speed auto, the segment first features and the sharper new looks.