Maruti Suzuki's upcoming flagship model, Ciaz, will be launched soon and if you are thinking of buying one then you must read this article to learn the top 10 things you must know about Ciaz.
1. Maruti Ciaz is long and wide enough to achieve the stance of a proper three box mid size sedan. At 4490mm long and 1730mm wide, Ciaz becomes one of the longest and widest cars in its class and surpasses its two major rivals. The visual aesthetics of Ciaz include sharper front styling with four layered chrome finished front grille wrapped around with pointed projector headlights. The sloping roof lines, bold shoulder line and sheer length gives it a balanced side stance while the more pronounced rear designing also manages to engage you at the back. The stretched taillights, faux air-inlets in rear bumper and raised boot lip are some of the key points of the rear designing.
2. Ciaz seems a fresh car from inside as well particularly by its interior design layout although its steering wheel, power windows switch and instrument cluster has a high level of resemblance with its younger sibling, Swift. The beige and black colored dashboard is separated by faux brown colored wood treatment which also garnishes its door pads. The modern central console comes integrated with a touch screen system with a.c vents placed just above being very similar to that of Ertiga.
3. Maruti has made sure that Ciaz stands tall when compared to rivals in terms of features. Ciaz comes standard with features such as power windows, projector headlights, tilt adjustable steering, center arm rest at front and back, a.c with rear vents, electrically adjustable ORVMS integrated with turn indicators, keyless entry and audio system with USB connectivity. In addition to these, the top variant (there are 4 variants) features auto climate control, steering mounted audio and Bluetooth controls for its touch screen system with voice command and navigation system, push button start, leather upholstery and 16 inch alloy wheels.
4. Apart from the base variant, Maruti Ciaz comes standard with safety features such as driver side airbag and ABS. The top variant includes front dual airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors and camera with display in its touch screen.
5. Ciaz has a wheelbase of 2650mm which exceeds most of its competitors including Verna and City. This wheelbase along with flat floor at the back makes it one of the best chauffeur driven cars in its class. Three people can sit abreast at the back with enough amount of leg, knee and shoulder room. Ciaz also offers comfortable driving position thanks to its full size seats and spacious legroom.
6. Maruti has crafted Ciaz on a new ultra-lightweight platform which follows Suzuki's latest design technology, S-TECT (Suzuki Totoal Effective Control Technology). This allowed Suzuki to keep its weight under check by using high tensile steel for its body structure without compromising on durability and safety. Ciaz has a higher power to weight ratio than many of its competitors as its petrol and diesel versions weigh around 1010kg and 1105kg respectively.
7. Maruti has equipped Ciaz's petrol engine with an optional 4-speed automatic transmission which makes it a good choice for those looking for an automatic mid size sedan.
8. The 1.4L K series engine of Ertiga makes it to Ciaz and gives a power and torque output of 91.1bhp and 130Nm both of which can be achieved at 6000rpm and 4000rpm respectively. This engine comes standard with a five-speed manual gearbox.
9. Ciaz also retains Indian's favorite 1.3L Multijet diesel engine which has been specifically re-tuned for Ciaz to offer linear power delivery and higher fuel efficiency. This engine pumps out a power output of 88.7bhp@4000rpm while its utmost torque output of 200Nm starts coming as soon as 1750rpm. This engine only comes mated with a five-speed manual gearbox.
10. Maruti claims Ciaz to be the most fuel efficient car in its class and in India. The diesel engine is said to have an ARAI tested mileage of 26.21kmpl which makes it even more fuel efficient than City which is the current favorite mid size sedan of Indian in terms of fuel efficiency. The 1.4L petrol motor also claims a fuel efficiency of 20.73km/ltr which is surely quite impressive for a car of Ciaz's size.
It seems Maruti has done well with the Ciaz and now it all depends on the pricing, if priced aggressively then add one more to the above mentioned reasons and get yourself the new Ciaz.